je ne sais quoi

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Since '88...

...I haven't ridden a road bike, feels like. I hope that stops today......waiting on the postman to bring the goods (front d, chain). So...that last entry got a bit stale, so I thought I'd update. Nothing going, though, so I'm going to have to be extra creative here....

Thursday, I saw that new John Lennon documentary: The U.S. vs. John Lennon. I'm a lifetime Beatles fan (mainly my father's influence), so I was psyched on it. The film? I'd sum up my review with "Worthwhile". Nothing more, nothing less. I don't really swing on either side of the political fence ('we sharrrrre the saaaame bi-ol-ogy'...couldn't resist...)...and this film is basically edited in one direction to maximize exposure of one side's cause while fully exploiting the other. Particularly annoying was one guy...Gore Vidal. What a jerk. Not so much what he says (the usual "bush is bad, la la la la" stuff that's so popular nowadays...), but how he says it. His tone, facial expression, his decrepit pompous face. PUT HIM ON A ROAD BIKE! I will crush him.

This week...I rode my dad's town bike. Lots. I took it out on a group ride on Thursday. This bike:
Classy huh? It's a size or two too small, weighs 30+ pounds, but it makes up for it with it's exquisite style and grace. Needless to say, the group ride did not go well, and I abandoned it about half way through. The upright position kills. Eh, I set out to burn some calories and that's what I did. Now I can eat. Lots.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

borat has already killed gore vidal. "so you own like one of the biggest salons ever"

12:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home