je ne sais quoi

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nova Bici

The New Bike

An Update:

So on Monday morning, I took the remnants of the old 'Dale to Incyclce in Pasadena. "Wow, dude. We've never seen that." Yep. I thought about it again, and wondered if it's possible that the derailleur or wheel (excessive flex during a sprint) may have failed first...but the drive-side dropout's initial break is the most logical explanation.

The staff at Incycle: Top notch. Although the frame wasn't purchased there, they took the frame, and immediately began warranty proceedings. I think my new frame is being built right now. As I was getting ready to leave, the head mechanic saw the frame. "Hey, what frame size is that?" "58"....he went into the storage room, and pulled out a clean 59cm caad7 frame (his own), and said I could borrow it for as long as the warranty process takes. Good guy, for sure. He had no reason to do that, really. He also mentioned that he'd sell the frame to anyone who's interested. 59cm caad7, clean throughout except for a nice ding in the toptube. Accepting offers. Will be available in a month or so, once i'm done with it.

So, I got the frame. I got a great deal on a set of cranks and a bottom bracket (can't use the cranks from the old frame on this one...different BB shell). All that's left is a 10 speed campy-compatible rear derailleur (under $150, so no record/chorus)..........I've called every local shop, and no one has one in stock! I'm gonna try a couple more shops today, and see how it goes. Ain't ridden in way too long. Will go to the track tonight if I can't source a derailleur. Anyone out there (and local) have a 10 speed campy rear derailleur to spare?? email me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW! it looks delicious. However, just based on aesthetics, i like the ol' Dale a bit more. 143

11:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home