je ne sais quoi

Friday, October 20, 2006

Good Ol' October...

It's been a week and 2 days now, sin bicicletta. I'm enjoying it. Of course, the first couple days are weird, and coupling unemployment with a [sudden] complete lack of productivitiy makes for a real sullen and empty feeling. It's like being broke on the inside and out. To supplement my vague definition, I think there's a clinical term for it...something like "post-event/race/season athlete depression" Still though, I'm out of it. For the first time in a while I'm able to sleep 'till 9am (In-season I cannnnot sleep past 7:30), and I stay productice. Helping out at the shop, selling lots of crap on ebay, and most recently...playing tennis! Fun as hell, and there are courts right up the street. In cycling terms, I'd be category 6 tennis guy...on a good day. I'm improving, though, and in case you're wondering...endurance on the bike doesn't really transfer to other athletic endeavors. I'm beat after an hour.

Enough words! Fotos:

First hockey game I've attended this year. Kings v Minnesota Wild. The "5" Shant's holding up [approximately] signify the cost of the tickets. $4.10 per ticket. Can't turn that down, even if it isn't the Oil. The seats were terrible, at first, but for the 2nd and third periods, we casually strolled down and sat right behind the Minnesota Bench! Pictures to prove. Kings lost, and Minnesota (Oiler division rival) got more points. Eh. Oh, and I took the subway, so smooth and cheap and fast. And I've upped the efficiency of my metro usage: I use the schedule now, and hardly any time is spent waiting for the train.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dookie, it could be worse you could be riding out here on the frozen tundra. Sorry I missed you when I was on the left coast a few weeks back. Hope to make it again before too long and hope to have a Ritchey Break Away by then.

6:40 AM

 
Anonymous Vanessa said...

You were lucky to watched hockey live. I am a fan of this sport however the place where I lived doesn’t have this kind of sport. I am an avid of this handsome lad, Sidney Corsby. Wish I could see him or watch him playing in front of me. LOL

4:24 PM

 
Anonymous Emz said...

LOL! I love that clinical “post-event/race/season athlete depression” term of you.

By the way, Good photo! You were like their lucky charms. You sat behind them and so they won.

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home