je ne sais quoi

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Au Revoir!

Ahhh...i've totally neglected my blog duties....especially with regards to my France trip. I've got about 25 minutes to sit and write, and then....who knows? I may not have internet for the next year! But lets [please] hope that tiny towns in France are privy to internet access...please. I mean, if Banner Elk had it....

I'm here at a friend's apartment in Santa Monica...we strategically left Hollywood early to avoid the traffic. Santa Monica's about 20 mins from the airport, with surface streets -so no freeway drama. I should probably leave soon, but my procrastination doesn't stop at bike racing...airports cannot escape it's wrath! Hmm...the last week has been an awesome one. Sure, lots of things were neglected, and more than likely, I've forgotten a bunch of things as well, but eh? In the last couple weeks, I was particularly taken by how close-knit the cycling community is...had people wishing me well from all over...even riders with whom i've minced words in the past. I think everyone realizes how fortunate I am to have this...not just -this- not just the "ok to go to france", but above all, fortunate to not be too tied down to anything out here to be able to make a big long trip like this one. I'm not sure if that came out right, but if you read it a couple times, you can maybe discern the message i'm trying to get across. So yes. A big bigggggggggggg thank you, to those who've helped and motivated me through their kind words, burritos, bike parts, advice, euros, funding, plane tickets, ahh...lots lots more that i'm sure i've forgotten, but will certainly remember when i'm in the thick of it....and will hopefully get a chance to reflect on in front of that internet cafe that I hope exists...

So yes, got to wind this down....Goodbye, Socal scene. I'll definitely miss the Rosebowl super-sessions that I've wasted SOO much of my form at in previous years. I'll miss the tues/thursday morning barry ride that I've done regularly for the better part of the last 5 years...never a dull moment at that one. The rides, the weather, the people, the burritos....there are too many things to mention, and yeah...even by my lax standards....i'm running late...

Wishing you all a crash and drama-free season,

Aram

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent Bookwalter said...

good luck find the web aram. it tends to hide, but if anyone can find it, you can. eager to hear your first report.

10:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home