je ne sais quoi

Friday, March 16, 2007

San Dimas: Not Happening

It's one of those decisions that'll have regret on either side of it: If I raced it, i'd regret devoting my last 3 days in this place to the bike, and not being able to properly say goodbye to friends, basses, and burritos...and the regret i'm left with for not racing it, is that it's a good course for me! And since it doesn't have NRC status this year, I could have gone pretty well, as no "real" teams were coming to do it, and $10,000! And Walker's riding well, and the weather's great and and and...

Oui

Hmmm...now that I have it all down in writing, it seems that it'd be a no-brainer to go out and race it, and I still can! But gah, my mind's just not in the right place for it. And there's that outside chance of maybe crashing in Sunday's [pretty technical] crit, and maybe having a 16 hour travel day with some nice road rash. Airplanes and Road Rash........bad combo. Road Rash and anything is a bad combo, but travel really accents the shite-ness of road rash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home