je ne sais quoi

Sunday, April 29, 2007

As the Lakers Break My Heart....

...I'll try to do something productive while i'm up foolishly late. And so, another post comes flooding out the fingertips...As mentioned in the last entry, Saturday was tourist day. I went to the farmer's market in search of a basket for laundry purposes. Couldn't do it. Instead, I walked out with a piece of cheese, 30 eggs, and a four-pack of baugettes. It was quite the scene:

Tourist numbers are growing exponentially. I don't mind it -I'm still a tourist! Anyhow, the entire centre of town gets closed to cars, and its streets filled with what you see above. Everything. Baby Ducks (presumably for "pet" purposes....presumably....), art supplies, olives, cheese, baskets, clothing, fruit...everything. You'd think there wouldn't be any deals, but if you look hard enough...


Picked those up then saw a familiar golden flash in the distance...


Could it be??? Unrefrigerated 40s of fabled Olde E???

Surely not??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No, false alarm. Fresh apple juice or "pur jus de pomme." Okay...getting sidetracked. Oh wait...did I have a track to begin with? Nope. This is the glorious (I say that both sarcastically and truthfully) action-packed life of a guy with little to do outside of training and sleeping. It's a good time...and I'm easily amused/intrigued. Moving on....the cheese guy:


You see...these cheese guys, they stand there behind big menacing wheels of cheese, and offer you a sample as you pass. Nice enough, no? I sampled one, and I liked it. Solid. So I thought, "allright, got a great deal on the eggs, so I'll splurge on some fromage." Thing is, there is no price posted anywhere. I was sold on this cheese-stand after the guy complimented my french. Cut me deep, that comment...so I said "I want some, but just a little something." He cut off a tiny piece, and it ended up being 8 euro! Yep, 40 euro/kilogram cheese. I am wiser now, however. Hahhh...the most unnecessary, dull, and lengthy cheese story ever. Done.


Mon Boulangerie! "Boulangerie Marie." The best!! The woman on the left puts up with my 2nd-grade level french on a near-daily basis, and the bread I got shortly after this photo was taken burned my hand from fresh-hotness! Saturdays are like that. The tourist day came to a close with a photo that could have been better, but this is the best I could come up with using the timer. There's actually a big wide clean river under that bridge, but ah well...


Allright, that's the last tourist day and tourist photo this blog will see or know. I hope. You hope. Enough. It gets old: the scenery, the prettttty architecture, the really old everything, but it's all so damn photo-worthy that I can't help it sometimes. So I'm done. Oh, great news. The hard-working crew here at aramdellalian.blogspot.com just informed me that there will soon be a special blog entry devoted to my primary [non-bike] means of transport, the '85 Fiat Panda. Terrific.


oh: I finally race again on tuesday. No idea where or what type of race, but 8am depart time. I'm bringing the good legs for this one...

4 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

Damn...I got excited there for a second...OE

but really, that bread and cheese looks soooo damn good, im excited about coming down...

4:14 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Apart from all that delicious cheese you're eating...I have some good news for you. Well, maybe not for you because I experienced it...

I caught !!! this weekend at Coachella and they were A++++^10.
There was some serious booty shakin during their set. Hope you're doing well. :)

4:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aram, to date, the greatest blog entry ever jotted. My only concern is, what does all this have to do with Thanos? I'm sorry, let me respell that - THANOS!!! The Congressman and I are still searching impatiently for him; we just hired two more detectives on the case; we got them working in "chifts"; we're getting promising leads. I'll keep you posted on our progress.

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Aram said...

geeeeeeeeez. did anyone NOT go to Coachella this weekend??

chkchkchk...ahhh. good guys.

11:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home