je ne sais quoi

Friday, February 29, 2008

Shake The Disease

It was (is) a really cool Depeche Mode song back in the day. I haven't listened to it in a long long while, but I always remember the title anytime I come down with something -which isn't often. My biggest strength in this bike-game is not sprinting or time trialing or looking faster than I am -it's my tip top ability to not ever get sick. Honest, those of you who know me: am i ever? No.

With all the shite weather we've had lately, I've done enough "rest weeks" to last 'till I'm 45. I'm not annoyed at all, actually. It just means the season will stretch longer, and I'll have the good legs at a different time of year than I'm used to. Anyhow, we finally got some sun in this week (actually, the sun came 16 seconds after the finish of the Tour of California), and I got some riding in. Tuesday was a spirited Barry Ride with some crest thrown in. Then wednesday I rode out to ride the crest with a couple guys, and nearly fell off my bike. My ears hurt and it felt like my head was gonna burst (sinus pressure, I think it's called?). Weird...particularly for someone who isn't sick too often.

And so, yesterday was off (work + bike), and I already feel better. Heard some horror stories about other locals with the same symptoms being off the bike for weeks. I'm pretty sure i'll be nearly 100% come next week. My parents tell me I used to drink rainwater out of puddles in the back yard when I was young. Did they stop me? No, they took pictures. THAT'S hard man training right there. Headcold? Cakewalk.

Bourj Hammoud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home