je ne sais quoi

Monday, October 23, 2006

Tower Records Is Closing Down! Big Sale!

Fkkkking lamest sale ever! Don't waste your time. "Everything.....30% off!!". Except everything's been marked up 50%, so it's really the most expensive cd/dvd/etc you'll likely every see in your life. Just a heads up. I turned 24 over the weekend. I'm really reallllly not a U23 anymore. Ah well, these things happen. Oh, and I got raped and pillaged on Ebay today. Sold a bunch of stuff for a LOT less than I expected...which is terribly sad, as stuff almost always goes for a lot more than I expect on that thing. Am I losing my ebay touch? Did I ever have a touch to lose?

Back to the offseason game....It's been a while now, i've lost track...2 weeks on wednesday. This is generally the stage in my offseason where I no longer feel like an -pompous as this may sound- elite athlete. I get passed by decked-out lycra-clad weekend warriors going balls-out at the Park. I look down at my legs and they're hairy and without the definition and colour that they had in July. Then I glance back at the guy going full speed through the park, and cannot associate myself with that. At all. But then I laugh, 'cause i'm wearing my Rudys. Team edition bright-white gaudy-looking Rudys, and it's hilarious to me 'cause it's such a contrast to the rest of my outfit. Ahhhhh...introspection...so it goes. I'm going to post an old cycling foto...only because i'm a nostalgic narcissist that needs to be reminded of what he used to be good at only a couple months ago. Ahh...this is a good one:

(L-R, riders whose faces show) n/a, Chepe, n/a, Me (smiling), and
(with red sprint jersey) Jamiel Danesh...most wicked amateur in the land!

Okay, so that's the photo. I wish I could give proper credit, but I have no idea where it's from or who took it. Superweek...if only it was year-round...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard about the "Super Sale" at Tower Records. I went, and yes, it is a sale, but if you noticed on the CDs, they have scratched out the original tag and replaced it with new tags. The new tags reveal a grossly inflated price to that of the original tag, and the discount would be marked off corresponding to the new tag. However, the new tag was at least 7 to 8 bucks more expensive than the original tag.

Example: The Police's Synchronicity was originally marked for $14.98; on the eve of the sale, it was bumped up to $23.99; and the particular Tower Records that i went to had only a 30% discount, so if i decided to buy the CD i would be paying roughly the original sticker price.

they had a bunch of lab rats running in circles to come up with this deceptive scheme. fucking corporate america. fucking nazis.

"fuck it, man...life goes on, man."

PS -- clicked on the links 9709709271370 times; many ahi burritos or "well done" pad thai's are anticipated. (! ! !)

6:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home