je ne sais quoi

Friday, November 10, 2006

3 More Days...

...'Till the fun starts. It's been a longgggggg long offseason. Completely off. I even took apart my road bike a couple weeks ago to ensure that I didn't ride it. I haven't ridden since October 10th. Zero. Not a single pedal stroke on the road bike. My body's loving it. The long lapse has made it think that i've given up on the cycling game, and that the days of burying it in lactic acid are over. Nope. I'll bury it deeper still in the coming months. The body currently weighs 176.4lbs...not too far from my race weight, and the lowest it's ever been entering the base period. I feel noticeably (probably only to me) leaner as well. Energy levels are great: I come home from daily 8 hour stints at the shop with plenty of energy to spare. This wasn't the case during the first week. Also, during the month, I've nursed a cold, and am over it right on time to begin base. Antibodies. Well timed, body, nicely done. So the body is good and ready. Yep, it definitely is.

The mind? That's the difficult one. The time off has helped, for sure. The mind is ready for whatever I can throw at it...and believe me, the second phase of base really tests your every psychological limit. What would realllllllllly set things right and straight is if I could get some closure regarding next year's plans, but unfortunately, they're yet to be decided. The apprehension and anxiousness is definitely taking it's toll, but I remain hopeful. I can't get into details yet. I will soon...I hope.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many burritos have accumulated so far?

7:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am left seriously wondering about what sort of lactic flush days I have before me. Without any real plans to race next year I am not sure where my motivation to ride at that level will come from. Honestly, I don't know how James does it. BTW get some Rubios for me...

4:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, for your information ma'am, the Supreme Court has roundly rejected "prior restraint!"

(BTW, Walter is technically right, but he incorrectly applies the doctrine. Also, the Supreme Court has not "roundly rejected" prior restraint. For a much more detailed explanation, buy me chix?)

10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home