je ne sais quoi

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Base Overview

It's gone well so far. I've finished the first three weeks without a hitch, and now it's time for a 10 hour rest week, so I'll waste time with senseless blog entries like this one. ..

The last couple days have been interesting. Saturday I was able to wake up for and get to the Montrose Ride start. Swell times. It was the funnest outing i've had on that ride....probably because it was a smaller group than normal and I saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in ages. The weather was good, and I was able to finish off the week's hours by noon on saturday. So I got a rest day to start off the rest week. Here's a shot of me getting dropped by the montrose ride.
Shite photo, I realize. I've been pretty lax with the camera lately. But anyhow, the ride has an occasional hill in it, and I stick to the program, best I can...even if it means getting shelllllllllled by half the pasadena scene. I was able to claw back on the little descents, so no harm done.

Monday: A good day. Bike Bummers catch a break sometimes, and I did. I was offered a spot in a commercial shoot which featured about 5 seconds of cycling footage. There were a total of six of us. A big thank you to Michael Dansk for giving me word about the shoot. We got there [san pedro] at 10am. Sat around for 2.5 hours. Ate grrreat food, and then things started rolling. Did maybe 20 takes total of about 4-5 different types of shots. Really high production values. There must have been more than 100 people on set. And this whole movie-film-television industry game. It's wild. In that game, there's the union game, and then there are scores of different titles and responsibilities...and because of the complexities and divisions of power, there's so much room for gross [but legal] exploitation...and this is why the film industry does so well. Madness. I was "taft hartley" for the day, and got compensated nicely.

That's it. This week? I'm not going to do much riding. I've done 1 hour already. 9 to go. 6 days in which to do so, and I have a big ride planned for saturday. R-O. C-D. And I realize I said i'd have word on who i'm riding for next year on sunday...my meeting was postponed 'till saturday, so i'll know 100% by then. Let me address your most dire concerns and assure you that I won't be riding professionally next year. The stars just didn't align...despite my extensive efforts to move them.





F. I really should change that photo in the top right. It's frightening

2 Comments:

Blogger flyinginmyairplane said...

Nice blog love. Good to see you're having fun with life. And it's having fun with you!

This is Tina by the way. Hope you remember me. hint: pig & whistle.

12:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's too early to start blogging about the blogging blog aram. as you can tell i have replaced all blog words with the word blog. So i can't say things like blog, blogger, bloghead or blogging bloggs. but really, it is too blogging early to worry about the blogging blog.

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home