je ne sais quoi

Thursday, December 28, 2006

where is my mind?

Heyyy-o.

Been busy lately, obviously. Proud to say that the 24 hour week last week went off without a hitch, and even managed to take sunday off and watched the Broncs win after a botched extra point attempt by the bengals...wow...all bad...but good for Bronco fans (me). The cycling equivalent of crashing 50 meters from the line after a good long solo break.

First: A long overdue congrats to the alma mater, on winning the cyclocross collegiate division 1 title. Hot damn, good work. The most amazing part is that they did it without Brook Walters. Not that any of them would read this, but bang up job, kids. Bravissimo.

Back to the mundane "base training" boringness that this blog has deteriorated into. I'm midway through the penultimate week (28 hours). In an effort to stir up motivation on the long cold stupid rides (which is all it is at this point), i've turned to loading the ipod with scores of country music. Ahh, the downcast lyrics and contrasting upbeat melodies make the dead legs and shite weather much more bearable. somehow. George Strait in particular is tippp-top! I'm an addict. These country guys make it fun to be down. Thanks country guys.

Tangent story:
2 minutes ago:
My older brother (who shares the downstairs flat with me) said [as he was leaving]:

"hey, would you mind cleaning up around here while i'm gone?"

"clean what?"

"EVERYTHING"

"Hmmm...I can't really walk a whole lot, my legs hurt, so no...and besides, it isn't my mess"


He proceeded to look at me like I was deranged, and what can I do? Sit him down and explain the intricacies of proper recovery and periodization? No. I will not.

That's it. I desperately want to post a photo of the new bike, but i've got some dinky borrowed mismatched training wheels on it right now, and posting a photo now wouldn't do it justice. I have a little over 20 hours on it so far. Been making adjustments every day. It fits real swell. It's smoooth light stiff and pretttttttty. Sram: Everything you'd expect from a component group that's one letter away from being "Aram". I can't believe i'm going to race a $3028523 bike in crits and rose bowls and all that next year. First race of the year is in less than a month. With your feet in the air and your head on the ground.

where is my mind?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent Bookwalter said...

Bravissimo and country music in the same blog entry? its a new Aram I've never seeen before!

and the bike?

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home