je ne sais quoi

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Everything.......in its right place...

70 degrees? Daylight almost 'till 6? I love how the cycling season is structured. It parallels the weather. Like the weather, it only gets better from here. Only about another month 'till I can stash the warmers away for a good long while. Training this week is going smooth. I feel well, and all that's left is to decide what races to do this weekend. Sunday's already set...CBR 100k Crit at dominguez hills. Word on the street: All 14 of the toyota-united guys will be there. It'll mean nothing, but it'd be a daisy if I could schhneak into the inevitable 5-6 guy toyota break and maybe catch Harm's attention...ahhh but it's a short course and if we lap too early, no one will notice! Heh. But no pressure...it's the first race of the year, just want to learn to ride proper in a group again...

On Saturday, there's the option of doing (1) Montrose -it'd be a nice mellow way to spin the legs for a few hours to get them ready for sunday's race. (2) Simi -Boulevard is the following week, and how I fare at Simi will be a good indication of how well Boulevard will go. Similar pace/profile. But it also means my legs might be a bit shred for Sunday's crit. (3) Race the Track! it'll be a perfect prelude to sunday's ride, and it's fun as hell, always. Plus I won't have to wake up at 6am. We'll see how I feel friday. Allright, gotta stop blathering.

Two more things:

First, check out Marco Fanelli's Blog. It's a good one. he updates it more than once every six months (which seems to be the standard in the blog scene lately...brent...). and he's not as big a narcissist as I am, so it's a nice contrast to this blog. And on that note...below is a video of ME, winning a category 4/5 crit in 2002. It's my 2nd ever win (in my 6th race), and it's got great announcing, great butchering of my name, pristine sprinting form, and top-notch camera work. Really though, I'm lucky to have it. It came at a time when video capabilities were a novel feature on digital cameras, and a guy I knew happened to be there to film it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marco Fanelli said...

Hey Aram,

Thanks for the kind words re my blog. I enjoy yours too. I wish I knew of more SoCal bike-racer blogs (do you?) because they're pretty fun to read. I don't know about you, but now I find blogs more entertaining than the usual bike-news sites (cyclingnews, velonews, etc.) and I think it's because what's cool about bike racing is all the characters. For whatever reason, NorCal has a ton more bloggers.

Take care, and see you at Blvd!

Mark

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i didnt know our man dellalerin raced as well.

3:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home