je ne sais quoi

Friday, June 08, 2007

Ca Va Tous?


It's been a joyous rest week. Culminating with today's acquisition of the pretty piece of machinery up above. Ahhhh! Tres amusement, mon mobilete! It's rad, retro, and very very red. It's been in the Paris-Bordeaux race from who knows how long ago. Yes! I'd been lobbying for a few weeks to finally get this guy, and today we have it! My roommate and I are ecstatic...though most locals cannot understand the reasons for our elation. Mopeds (mobilete as it's called in french) here are synonymous with dorkness and are reason for ridicule if used by anyone over the age of 13. I foresee some blazing motorpace sessions and further good times...


Ah. My friend came on tuesday. With him, the aforementioned bike stuff. The main change is the Carbone SL tubulars. Tubs! I haven't ridden or raced on tubs since Manhattan Beach last year. Too long. I happily re-glued the tires and man, I even missed the whole gluing process. I was a bit rusty, but they mounted real nice. It's amazing how much better tires adhere to an aluminum rim instead of a carbon one. I'll finally get to ride them tomorrow for about an hour and a half. Stoked! Never ridden these wheels, and have only heard good things. Thank you Kevin! Shiny black Conti Competition 22s...also a first. They should last 'till the end of the season...we hope. The bike is nearly complete. Just waiting on the SRM crankarms. I remain hopeful, but really, it's just a waiting game at this point...with a bit of uncertainty. Ah well!


Well, that's it. Tomorrow the rest week ends. A short 90 minute opener session on the new wheels, and a race on sunday. Not sure where, but it's a circuit, 120k, and I should go well. The body really enjoyed itself this week. Big big hours in the next two weeks in an effort to taper for the end of the month. I'll explain why in a later entry. 'Till then........

Au Revoir!

5 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

vroom

9:55 AM

 
Blogger anon said...

blingin wheels too

9:56 AM

 
Blogger josh said...

so will the gendermaine's pull you over for motorpacing like cops here will?

and alu rimmed carbon tubulars....talk about convienance factor w/ not having to swap brakepads all the time, although id guess there is some sort of weight penalty, no?

5:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear the surfing is good on the cape!! Have fun compadre...

8:11 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

just dont pull a gerard on the moped...as you can tell im behind on the blogs, will be caught up in a bit.

10:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home