je ne sais quoi

Monday, August 06, 2007

23:45 Last Night

Simon rushes into my room late last night. "Dude, you gotta come hear this." The shutters for his window were shut, but the window was open...so you can usually here cats playing about, crickets, some distant dog....etc. Last night, after my roommate woke me, we went to his window. I heard it, too. I figured, "yeah dude, it's probably just some cats walking about on the roof." That's exactly what it sounded like -and so near! Just to be cautious, we turned on the light. I put in a good knock on the shutters before opening it...the noise kept on. Then, light-open, I slammed open the shutters, and right there...20 meters in front, well-lit by a nearby street lamp, a pack of wild european boars. Seriously? yeah dude, seriously. 20 meters in front of the window. A group of 8-10 scurried off at first, and a couple minutes later a HUGE one (200lbs?!) nonchalantly trotted off in the nearby woods. Got the HR going for a minute there.....so that's the story.


That's that. I'll write a blurb about the uphill TT later. Super-Climber Aram finished 8th...you can deduce field quality based on that alone! The team got 4 in the top-10. I did take home a bunch of swag though, even for 8th. 2 wine bottles, sausages, Pâté, t-shirts, a lil' trophy even. You'd think I sandbagged a cat IV race and won all the primes and finale. Lots of photos, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home