je ne sais quoi

Tuesday, August 21, 2007


Honest, that's the first rainbow i've seen since '88. It was only up there for a few minutes...I managed to take a shot and now the innocent arch will be whored out for everyone to enjoy. It glowed and beamed. Rainbows aside, the weather continues to be uncooperative. Still managed a nice session today. Got soaked, but it's still better than wind. Another thing that makes riding in the wet stuff more bearable: It's fig season! Almost as highly-anticipated as bike racing season. So from now 'till I leave (October 7th), all my training routes have a fig tree [or six] on them. I've got an unexplainable affinity for these fruits [they're actually not fruits, but inverted flowers]. My dad claims he was born under a fig tree, and in 50s era Lebanon, it's quite probable. So perhaps I subconsciously feel indebted to this super-food for indirectly contributing to my own birth? Or maybe this is getting unnecessarily introspective? Back to earth. To figs. They're awesome. The Aubenas scenesters keep telling me to be careful with the fig intake because of their strong laxative effect, but hey, no problems whatsoever. Just free natural nourishment. Though I regrettably don't have a photo, I bought a fig at the farmer's market on sunday that was larger than most grapefruits! It didn't taste too good, but more than made up for it with volume and novelty factor. Could go on blogging, but not now. Why dilute the beauty and simplicity of figs and rainbows?


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

where i'm from, fig prices are so volatile that they necessitate a spot on the marquee.

10:09 PM

 
Blogger anon said...

shimano under figs?

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Aram said...

the necessitation of the nation makes the volatility of the figues a grave tribulation.

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home