je ne sais quoi

Friday, August 24, 2007

September Comin'

Already...wow. I haven't updated my race resume since early march, and perhaps it's better to not know exactly how many races i've done this season? One thing's for sure, i've done a shite load of road races this season. Billions! The last crit I did was part of that Murietta omnium way back when. I miss the speed, I miss the corners, and I miss the zen that comes with knowing your bike and the corners so well and so fast as the last couple of laps near, and I miss f#%@%$ sprinting my bike!! The little fast-twitch guys inside the quads have been on vacation since '94, and you know? In fact, I think some of them have left for good: my legs are noticeably smaller than they were when I left the 'states. They'll be back though, I know it.


Tomorrow. 40 laps around a 2k course. A criterium. This race...I'm gonna kill it. Total destruction. It's time. The legs are going well, the race is good for me, and I'm motivated (ravaging). The team president is taking on DS duties for this one, and he's going to get his mind blown. The season is nearly over (September 15th, here), and I'm not going to spend the offseason replaying missed opportunities in my head (Like I still do with Downer Avenue in '06). So yes, tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home