je ne sais quoi

Friday, January 04, 2008

Today is the first time this year that I rode my bike and the freehub body didn't seize and destroy both derailleurs, my chain, and my morale.

Yep, it's true.

Forgive the lack of substance in this blog lately. Nothing glorious about what's going on in the aram universe. Lots of miles, lots of hours. It's the hardest part of the year. Not because of the volume, but because you do all this "work" on the bike, and there is nothing to show for it. No name in the results sheet, no cash envelopes, no prime bells, nothing. The legs/body have been stellar, that's been the saving grace, but that freehub blowing up in the middle of my biggest week annoyed me. Then there's the saga of me and SRM that has reached unimaginable levels of annoyingness. Ah well. The highest highs and lowest lows. I've been closer to the latter this week, but you can't have one without the other. The fun starts soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home