je ne sais quoi

Friday, April 14, 2006

Hey There.

THE OIL HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS. I can rest a bit easier now. And the great thing is, I got to watch it on TV, since they were playing the Ducks. Really fast game, definitely a playoff atmosphere throughout. Someone sliced the shite out of Chris Pronger's face, and he bled all over the ice. Comes back 2 shifts later, and the crowd goes friggin nuts. Then with 30 ticks to go, Ales Hemsky scores, and new decibel highs were reached out in Edmonton Alberta. F yeah. Playoffs start next week. And why isn't there an "NHL2Night" anymore on espn?? Bring back melrose!

I was watching the game while spinning on rollers. Rollers are fun and great, but still don't hold a candle to riding outside. I got off briefly to watch the last 5 minutes without the noise of the rollers. Then got back on after the game. Nope, couldn't do it. It was the warmest night we'd had all year. I hoped off the rollers, and just started riding through the Hollywood hills. I've got these "custom" shorts that I ride on the rollers. They're these shorts I crashed after only wearing them twice. So the chamois is good, but the right leg area is completely cut off. Kinda like a half speedo board short contraption. So It was great. I did 45 minutes this way. Some dog walkers looked at me weird...as if looking for wounds because my clothes were ripped, but there were none. Ah well. An awesome ride, which likely wouldn't have happened if the Oilers lost.

So I was riding last night with the intention of opening up for a TT today, my start time is in 1 hour, but I'm not riding. Lots of factors conspiring to keep me from goin. No car, no TT bike, it's alllll the way in Lancaster, i've worked 45 hours this week, ridden for 5. Would've been a total waste of a trip. And just a heads up...clip on bars don't work with FSA RD200 bars. No arthur damage to report, as there's not much left to destroy. I'll leave you with a shot of me having lunch with a '73 450sl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home