je ne sais quoi

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bipe-Legs

Today was allright....

Woke up, did the barry ride to Angeles Crest, up to clear creek, back home. Felt okay. Great weather, myyy god. Especially up there. So I enjoyed that. Huge group, we must have had 30 at the base of verdugo. Put in a [intentionally] wussy attack, and it stuck. Rode to the top with James, then split off to the crest.

The Bowl. Today was good. Snuck into the early move, and we stayed away for 9.5 of the 10 laps. We had about 8 guys to start off, then it was down to four of us. Christian Valenzuela (fresh off a full-round at philly week....why the hell is he riding the 'bowl only two days after???), Rigo Meza, Guy in the same jersey as Rigo, and me. Blistering pace at first. The kind of pace where everyone in the break pulls 'till it hurts, then they hurt some more trying to get back on. Also known as: flying. It wasn't all Christian this time; I did my fair share, for sure. I wanted to lap the field, and at that pace, that early, I thought it possible...but I dunno...maybe the miles on the east coast caught up with him, but Christian stopped motoring, the other guys weren't doing much anyway, and why am I going to tow around 3 dudes for 4 more laps? I actually tried an attack with 2 to go, but they neatly worked to bring me back. Ah well. I'll lap the field, one day. With Haag, maybe. [To those who don't play the RoseBowl game: it's a 3 mile course, only 1 hour...so it'd be quite the feat, no?] So despite our huge lapse, the gap held, we had maybe 30 seconds at the end, but i'm sure we were up to several minutes at one point. The sprint was easy. Rigo went late, I went even later, and got it. Redemption for him taking me by a hair on thursday. Vandenburg comin.....i'm certain that this sprint practice will be reallll beneficial for that 109 mile RR on sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home