je ne sais quoi

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Photo Special

A nice shot of the ADT Velodrome. Air conditioned, indoors, and fast.


New Shoes: DMT Kyoma. Arthur and Malcom (the new guy) destroyed the R7s. The shoes are okay, got some nice new blisters, but I think my feet are almost adjusted. The shoes are shiny as hell, but somehow not gaudy.



The final three photos are from sunday's crit (www.kennybz.com) . Officially, I ended up 14th. Bummer, yeah, but I felt decent, though nowhere near the level I need to be at to win this kind of thing. Gordon McCauley (Successfullliving.com) won it, but the man of the race was Rudy Napolitano from helens. The guy has usurped Karl Bordine as "local hot-shot of the month" for sure. I was in a couple decent moves with him, but all were shut down because we didn't have the right guys from the right teams. Hydration was a key factor, and I rationed my 2 bottles out to last me the full 2.5 hours. I could've gone for 4, but I don't have that many bottles anymore, nor do I have anywhere to put them. So Field (my teammate, not THE field), Richard, and myself raced it up. I discovered a nice little tactic...attack when a teammate is at the front of the field...it's easier to get a gap this way...for obvious reasons. Richard brought himself to the front of the field with me with 5 laps to go. A break of about 10 were gone, but Richard shut down any other moves with me on his wheel. I got to the last corner at about 6th wheel, but the guy 2 wheels in front of me took a reallly bad line, and went real wide and slow, so that botched up the field sprint for me a bit, but ah well...I wishhhhhh it ended in a true field sprint, as the kick felt pretty super. Done.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clara said...

ARAM...after I graduate, i'm going to live there!! You will have to show me some cool rides!

6:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home