je ne sais quoi

Friday, April 28, 2006

Don't let the photo fool you. The weather is still uncharacteristically confused. But it looks to be getting better...and i'll be racing in 80+ degrees for the first time this weekend.

Oh, yeah. So I took last weekend off from racing. It feels like it's been months since i've raced. Really does. Gotta make up for lost time...sooo...I'll be racing a road race on saturday (Devils Punchbowl), and a nice $2500 crit (Chuck Pontius) on sunday. Then, I'll have monday and tuesday off, and wednesday i'll start the Tour Of The Gila. Yep. The big bad and difficult climbers-only stage race out in Middle-Of-Nowhere, New Mexico. And...i'll be racing the Pro/1. My first *real* Pro/1 stage race. Whoah. Form isn't spectacular, but it isn't too bad either, and one of my main goals is to finish the thing and get classified. Anything more would be real swell. This is the start list. Chris Wherry and friends. Psycheddddddd! Yeah, i'll write more as the race nears, and I actually finalize my registration. So with Gila, that would make 7 races in 9 days. Statistically, i'll have to do well in at least a couple, no???

More randomness, but deserved randomness: I was 1000% shocked to find that Chris Horner won the Tour of Romandie stage today. Yeah he's good, but to beat the best dudes out there? A-MAZ-ing. I'm certain he reads this blog at least hourly, so Chris, on a personal note, Well f-in done, man. Win that GC. Chris Saxton took a picture with Horner once.


And a parting shot: Climbing Big Tujunga Canyon




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home