je ne sais quoi

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Short Recap

One race to report on: The Schlitz Park Endevour Challenge.

It's really just a crit with a nice hill in it. It's a hard course, but not because of the hill. Turns 3 and 4 (of 4), are really tight and fast, and the bunch gets pretty strung out. For the first time in the series, I didn't feel like friggin' superman, but I don't think the rest of the field felt too fresh either. 80 times up that hill makes for lots of vertical meters. 6 guys lapped the field early, leaving the rest of us to fight it out for 7th-25th. Conspicuously absent were the cash primes. Not one! I distinctly remember 1000s of dollars in primes at the same race last year, but seems like times are tough for some Superweek races. It seemed that my money streak (7) would finally come to an end, but I finished 25th! I really didn't think I'd be that high up, but hey! $50! There's a nice stack of checks in my wallet waiting to be cashed. Tomorrow: Holy Hill RR. Barring a mechanical failure, I'm going to do well here. Gonna glue myself to the Milram guy and get a result. Expect a cheery report to follow.

Photo below is from the first RR. That's what it looks like when someone pushes the pace while you're taking a drink.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way i waited to catch up on your blogs before i sent an insult your way. not telling people you are going to wisconsin for a month and allowing them to find out via walking into an unusually clean bedroom = homosexual.

11:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home