je ne sais quoi

Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Week Another....

No! Not another crit...

The algorithm is thwarted, and I have my first "off" weekend from racing. The team unanimously decided that paying $40 to race in a glorious Ontario business park for a $1000 purse just might have been too good to be true. It's a real shame that we didn't go down and try to win back our entry fees. A race win would have yielded TRIPLE the entry. Swellllllllllll. I know what a lot of you are saying "Oh, Aram, we don't race for the money" Yeah, well I don't race to line the pockets of greedy race promoting jerks. Purse to Entry fee ratios like that discredit the sport and rape the budgets of P/1/2 squads that try to help their racers out.

QUIT DOING THIS RACE YOU'RE KILLING THE SCENE.

Instead, I had a great solo ride on saturday down the san gabriel bike path to Huntington beach, then a sunday rendezvous at GMR with some teammates who are doing SDSR next week. On that note, if anyone is traveling anywhere to do any race next week (other than SDSR), please let me know, I'm looking to ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home