je ne sais quoi

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ontario....Why?

May's becoming another forgettable month for me...what's the count now, 5 in a row? Anyhow, went down for the 90 minute criterium. Thank you to teammate John for the ride out there. Got there, and incredibly there were more than 20 riders. Something like 80, with a full five-star fish ensemble to seal up the results.

45C (100F) at the start line.

From the gun, I was upset that a gap had formed behind me, and just went for it. No attack, just slight-gap turned into a break. Oddly, I hung out there for 5 laps. Weird. Pity no one worthwhile bridged up. Eventual winner of the race bridged, but it was game over by that point. Mixed it up in breaks a few more times, but my number never came up. It's tough when you're a big chunky sprinter-looking guy trying to get up the road. Only the C-Walk-types are given the long leash.

So 3 lapped. I didn't. Somewhere between 10-20 in the field sprint.

Bearclaw Scenesters

I have a pretty lax gameface


Failed break #435

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home