je ne sais quoi

Monday, June 02, 2008

This is Getting Old...

In case you haven't noticed...i'm in the middle of one of my worst seasons ever. Not sure what it is exactly. No, scratch that. It's quite obvious, and I guess there isn't a better way to come to terms with myself than with....myself. Here.

France. I'm not there. I race around office parks every weekend. It's really detracted from my [current] enjoyment of the sport a bit. By "it" I mean the exposure I had last year to that swell EU lifestyle. It was just so complementary to my style...but it's done. I continuously have to remind myself that there are CERTAINLY worse places to be than Los Angeles.

So there it is. I've come out with that. I rode the Dana Point GP today and the legs were magic. Incredible course, but the head was shite. Enough. I know I can ride circles around most of these dudes. Just gotta lose that limiter...and think less. I'm ready to start turning it up. COMO MOTOS.

3 Comments:

Blogger noah said...

Hi Aram,

Glad you're getting your head back in the game. Your loyal blog readers are ready to have you back, kickin' ass and telling stories from the pack... I don't think anyone is surprised that coming back here from Aubenas was going to be a bit of a downer. Although you have to admit -- our burritos are much better. It was your SoCal Crit Juice that got you to France in the first place, so if you want to get back there in the near future -- you know what to do. Time to refocus and start getting those results again.

And on another note -- I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this blog. It's been fun to see what it's like for a local cyclist coming up and living the dream. It's even inspired me to try some crits -- Dana Point was my fourth. I've been doing tri's for years but this was my first month of real cycling. And I should probably warn all those readers in the Cat 5's -- the stereotypes are true. Tri guys can't turn for shit -- but I'm working on it...

Anyway, keep up the racing and we look forward to seeing you back at the front of the pack. And whatever happened to the French blog entries? Gotta keep the language fresh for your eventual return...

Noah

4:32 PM

 
Blogger Aram said...

Noah,

Thanks for the kind words. Flattered that "loyal blog readers" is plural...hehe...we hope. The french entries will return. I'm surprisingly forgetting very little. Soon. And way to survive dana point...such an awesome course. I've never felt so unified with the bike before. That turns 1 and 6 were G force city.

12:10 AM

 
Blogger sallytomato said...

Aram,

Maybe you need to set a goal of doing something apart from crits, perhaps Everest Challenge? I'm starting to train again for it this year.

7:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home