je ne sais quoi

Monday, September 03, 2007

An Unemphatikistical End

The season's over. Not officially, however: there remains a possibility of a race next weekend, but the [race] mind checked out sometime last week when I was told that we'd done our last race. It's a welcome end, and yeah, I'm a bit bummed that I won't be toeing the start line anytime soon knowing it's the last race of the season. Perhaps it's better this way. The body's just shred, man. I don't feel it, but i'm certain if we zoomed in and analyzed the intricacies of my cells and blood and mind, we'd find a bunch of tired guys who've been gunning since mid f-in January.

I still have another month in this country. That's a long time, and I've set an obligation on myself to make the most of it. I'll still have the bike 'till the 15th, and while I love sitting home and cooking and spending far too much time on the 'net, I'm going to switch it up. I am now officially Aram Dellalian-Super Cyclo Touriste. The only twist is that the cyclo-tourisme has to be done on the cheap. I pray that i'll get paid once more before I leave, but I can't bank on that. I've saved up a bunch of crap junk food in a drawer just for this occasion. Instead of throwin it out, it's going to fuel my tour Tour de France. The tour starts tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to ride from here to Ales (80k), have a little lunch and set off for Nimes (40k), followed by Avignon, where I'm very thankful to have a place to hang out for the night.

After that it's pretty much up in the air. I have distant relatives in Marseilles that i'm keen on seeing, and with that i'd also [finally] see the Mediterranean. Also, Ventoux is on the preliminary list of places to go. I want to do it in better weather at least once, and want to descend it as well! There's lots to still explore in Avignon and Orange as well. Total tourist stuff, except the really broke version. After the 15th, i'll be packed up here and ready to head to Paris, where i'll spend the rest of my days in France. Gonna give that city another chance. More out of necessity, really, but yeah, the last trip was pretty short...besides, I'll no longer have the lingering cloud of bike racing on me, so it'll be a bit more relaxed. Possibly fewer tourists as well! I really want to get on the Velibre bikes too. I didn't do that last time. So there we have it. The season ended pretty quietly, but that doesn't mean my time in France will in the same manner....


:]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I would much rather be touring with you then working my job ;0) BTW I got to see Mike W again here with Ben Harper at the Chicago Theater on Thurs night.

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home